Just a quick note to say that I am in Athens, after a hectic and mostly-sleepless night in Milan. Greece is a lot stubblier than I had pictured...coming in on the airplane I saw lots of white-dotted cities, surrounded by expanses of brown, broken by green-dotted shrubbery (maybe all the dots were a result of my lack of sleep). But the blue, blue ocean...I think someone actually poured teal-colored dye into the whole thing just so tourists would come.
I met up with my cousin Anna without a hitch, and I'm excited about spending the week with her. Already we have enjoyed a huge sugar doughnut and a changing of the pom-pom guard in front of Parliament. That was one of the oddest spectacles of strutting about that I've seen, and didn't make me feel very intimidated by the Greek defense force. Whoever designed the costumes is chuckling to himself right now.
I caught a cold a couple of days ago from my host-kids, but I'm feeling better today. Italian tissues are very large and very thick. Now you know.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hooray for safe travel and easy connections! thanks for the update! praying and loving and rejoicing with you... poplolly
hope u r feeling better!
Ol' 'Lanche agrees: Crazy Eyties...
Post a Comment