Friday, October 3, 2008

Now



I don't know what to do with today. Can't it just be like any other?

"Someday we'll go to Europe." and here I am, four plus years later, on the Mediterranean in Greece. I am glad I'm here, and how thrilled and proud he must be.

Yesterday I talked and talked about Andrew, telling Anna those stories of our happy beginnings that seemed awkward to tell for so long. He's woven into me for always...

Today I am healed in places of my soul I didn't even know were there. I can trace it back to specific days and months and years when I started to see the fireworks in the water, and the thrilling green of spring, and the light filling up and dissolving branches. Sometimes I think the beauty hurts as much as the pain. I'm too small for both.

I get scared that this joy will disappear someday too, since it seems my loving something so much doesn't make me able to hold on. But what if there's always more on the other side? I can't do later, and I can't do then. I can only do now.

Yesterday I drew waves. Life as it is, right in front of me.



You have no idea how happy these scribbles make me.

13 comments:

R I said...

Trusting this day is BETTER than the other days! I'm with you

Misusdee said...

You may feel small,and Look small.
YOU A GIANT.I am in awe.


"When we grieve our losses,
we heal our future."

So much LOVE and RESPECT flowing your way.

Dani's sleeping in the next room.:)

Kristin said...

amazing scribbles from an amazing woman. i adore you so much.

-KC

Carol said...

Beautifully written. Now. Such a little word with huge implications. It is all we have really, isn't it. Thank you Melissa, your words have touched me.

Anonymous said...

love your now-scribbles, love you

madre

Anonymous said...

Thank you for spreading joy and not bitterness. You are amazing. Much love, Aunt Helen

kw said...

I love the picture you took of your shadow. You need to write a book. I'm so with you on the 'now'. I keep finding out that the proof of God's love is in the day..today. baby steps....love you lots...

Anonymous said...

I'm ditto to you spreading joy, not bitterness.love ya.mama noss

Anonymous said...

My Melissa, how you feed me. M Sue

Linds said...

Precious Girl - I am amazed by you. And so grateful that our friendship was discovered this August. I take joy in the fact that you are living life to the full, and that you are adventuring around Europe. Eat it up, Sweetie! Love to you from NH!

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

...the old Cowpoke is filled with admiration...

Christy said...

Thanks for your honesty. I'm so glad Anna could be a sounding board for you- she's good at that.
Chris

ljm said...

Love you! So glad for healing and for the reminder to be mindful.