Monday, October 20, 2008

The home stretch

Tonight I am sitting in Soj's room trying to organize pictures before my morning departure tomorrow.  I wonder how many hours of my life has been spent doing this. Ironically, I will post no organized pictures, because boy do I want to sleep.  But this is likely my last post from faraway lands... tomorrow I will travel from Paris to London to Boston to Scituate all in one day.  I'm not sure this should be humanly possible.

I wish that I could come up with some clever and profound words for this post... but they will have to wait for the other side of the sea.

Today I chewed off hearty pieces of a baguette that I bought from a bakery for 30 cents on the way to the train station.  I listened to "Sweet Home Alabama" with French folk on the steps of Sacre Coeur.  I saw the sunset from the Eiffel Tower.  I made new friends and already feel the loss of leaving them.

I love my life.  The part that just happened in the happy blur of the past six weeks--these weeks that stretched and filled me to my core--and the part that I'm going home to.  "Normal" life again, which I suspect will be kind of brand new.




9 comments:

R I said...

Time to come home to share that life...see you soon. Be safe

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Home is good.

Misusdee said...

I call this post clever, AS WELL AS PROFOUND!
You rock!

Please allow yourself some deep rest at home.Interspersed with the adrenaline rush of memory. Then rest some more.

Welcome home cutie pie.

This blog has DEFINITELY been "Medicinal"... :)Many, many thanks.

kw said...

you're awesome..i love your life too &i love following you via your blog..sleep all the way homeon hte plane if poss..sorry I couldn't join you in London..

bettercountry said...

I miss you already too. Come back soon and stay longer next time!

R I said...

She's baaaaaaack

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Glad you're back safe and sound, but I'll miss
sharing your travels on your blog. Love to you--Aunt Helen

WC said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear stories and see pictures.

Misusdee said...

Just one more/??
Please


I'm going through withdrawal.....