Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pictures!

Here's the present I got yesterday on the ferry.



Here's me happy on the ferry.



And here is a flashback to our Greek island paradise!

My room is on the left. Ha. Our first day was overcast and chilly, and we decided to go exploring. We saw these strange cement pods across the harbor, so we walked over and discovered a surreal scene of a massive resort investment gone bad. Apparently the place never even opened. The goats seem quite content there.


This face sums up our thoughts about the whole thing.

Here is the other part of our Greek isle experience:




This is where we ate dinner. Yanis, our pleasantly sarcastic and casually flirtatious waiter, gave us good food. Greek salad isn't supposed to have lettuce (it always is kind of a dumb addition anyway).




And suddenly I jump back to Italy (I'll post magical Acropolis pictures later)
I found this hanging out in Milan today. Of course. They're everywhere.




And now I'm back safe and sound in Pisa, and amazed how at home I feel surrounded by Italian rather than unintelligible Greek!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! I arrived just in time for these thrilling pix! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us : )

Enjoy!

R I said...

The Discovery Team is loving it ! Blessings Dear

Hope said...

Yay, I love posted photos!

kw said...

i would feel more comfortable in Italia too...those Greeks are a little too out there. I like the pleasantly sarcastic though..could be worse:)

brilynne said...

Loved the pictures. Gullible person that I am, I gazed in horrified amazement at the first picture of the overgrown "resort" wondering if that was really the best Greece could do...

Misusdee said...

Did you get to the roof of the duomo in Milan?